Company Summary: We begin with a history of innovation … a strong heritage that spans generations. It's a history of enduring technical leadership and long-term partnerships with dairy producers around the world. This is combined with a new, energized vision focused on bringing the future of productivity to the world's dairy industry. We offer a world of experience, global R&D and an intimate knowledge of local needs. This is the powerful new face of BouMatic. Bringing together a deep knowledge of the dairy business with a firm grasp of the challenges ahead, BouMatic offers unequalled capabilities. As the largest privately held company in the industry, we have the resources and responsiveness to thrive in the future of the dairy business. Today's BouMatic is poised to help the world's dairies succeed, merging technical strength with an expanded global distribution system for a bright future.
This position is distinguished in that it is a member of BouMatic’s innovative Design Engineering team and reports to the Chief Mechanical Engineer.
In this key position, the successful candidate will design and maintain electro-mechanical systems in the Design Engineering Department at the Madison, WI location to support sales growth and to achieve the company’s desired position as the technology leader in the dairy industry.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
1. Participate in and or lead product design teams to develop new design concepts/ innovations solutions.
2. Check and approve new design content and documentation.
3. Conduct and/or specify a variety of tests using advanced techniques (FEA, DFMEA, 8D analysis, risk mitigation) to resolve customer concerns/issues and prepare technical reports on results.
4. Build strong intra-company relationships that culminate in the availability of milking equipment resulting in satisfied customers.
5. Drive margin and revenue through innovative, reliable and cost-effective products.
6. Work closely with the manufacturing team to support production, operations and achievement of company’s goals and objectives.
7. Participate in training programs and educational plans that support the achievement of performance goals
8. Evaluate current technologies for cost reduction and for product and production improvement.
9. Promote the company's quality standards and procedures and cultivate a work environment of professionalism, teamwork and integrity.
10. Ensure proper and timely documentation of safety certifications and technical construction files.
1. Reports to Chief Mechanical Engineer.
2. Significant interaction with and support of:
b. Technical Service
e. Quality Assurance
Technical/Job Skill Qualifications:
The candidates must meet the following qualifications and have demonstrated the following technical or job skills:
1. Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering or related field required from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum 5 years product design experience or 2 years design experience plus relevant dairy experience.
3. Ability to conduct all business and personal affairs in a professional and ethical way.
4. Broad knowledge of engineering concepts, practices and procedures (sketching, 3D modeling, drawing designs, test methods, measurement and test equipment, writing test procedures, using standard engineering analysis techniques, etc.) and other internal engineering standards and systems.
5. Proficient in product development from concept through production release with electro mechanical automated products.
6. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization are a plus. Interpersonal and leadership skills are required.
For consideration, please send a current resume and cover letter to Amy Parkhurst, Director, Administration & Human Resources, at email@example.com