This person is responsible for creating and executing the go-to-market strategy and strategic marketing plan for the BouMatic product offering within Refrigeration product lines. Included is the gathering, translating, and prioritizing of product and customer requirements, defining, and communicating the product vision and working closely with all departments (Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, Operations, Quality…) to ensure that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. This person also ensures that the products support our overall company strategy and goals.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
1. Define, align, and communicate the strategy for assigned family of products
2. Create and present clear and comprehensive data-based recommendations to justify changes in the offering
3. Look for new technologies and innovations and evaluate their application in assigned product family
4. Develop tools and promotional tactics to increase market share
5. Deliver detailed marketing requirement documents with prioritized features and information necessary to translate market requirements (entire customer stream) to the R&D and Engineering Teams
6. Participate in development efforts to ensure that the product is delivered as specified and be a strong advocate for the formal product development process
7. Gather market intelligence and monitor competitor activity – use this information to shape and deliver optimal product strategy and positioning
8. Set pricing to meet revenue and profit goals, ensure they are aligned with corporate margin guidelines
9. Develop product comparisons with strategies and material for exploiting features, benefits, and competitive advantages
10. Coordinate dealer-based promotional programs
11. Develop creative and holistic launch plans
12. Develop and assist in product training programs for sales staff and dealers
13. Provide direction and information for creation of sales support materials, and catalog, manual and website updates
14. Advocate for trade show support of the refrigeration product offering
15. Monitor business performance for assigned product offering and maintain accurate data associated with part numbers
16. Provide marketing information required to support the ECO process (i.e., forecasting, product structure coding…)
17. Provide and follow through with obsolescence planning – phase in of new product and phase out of old product
1. Reports to Director of Marketing, Product Management
2. Works with cross functional project teams (i.e., members from Sales, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Technical Services and Marketing) and with global BouMatic offices, Distributors, Dealers and Dairy Farmers.
3. Key relationships: Sales Managers, Product Managers, IT, Finance, Supply Chain and Manufacturing, global BouMatic offices, Distributors, Dealers, Dairy Farmers, and Industry Representatives.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
1. Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time, speaking in front of large groups of people, extended computer use, hearing and seeing.
2. Environmental requirements include working indoors and on dairy farms in and out of the US.
3. Occasional travel including overseas. Estimate travel to be once per month.
Technical/Job Skill Qualifications:
The candidates must meet the following qualifications, and have demonstrated the following technical or job skills:
1. Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and grow an extensive product line of consumables marketed and distributed through a network of distributors, dealers or directly to the end customer.
2. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a marketing or business major a plus.
3. Demonstrated experience in leading teams and driving inter-departmental accomplishments through collaboration.
4. Ability to demonstrate skills/aptitude in MS Office Suite of software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
5. Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, technical, and conceptual skills.
6. Must have experience in budgeting and using financial data for decision making.
7. Demonstrated excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization. High interpersonal and leadership skills are required.
8. Ability to conduct all business and personal affairs in a professional and ethical manner.